Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

About The Game I_vote_lcap33%About The Game I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
About The Game I_vote_lcap17%About The Game I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
About The Game I_vote_lcap17%About The Game I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
About The Game I_vote_lcap0%About The Game I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
About The Game I_vote_lcap33%About The Game I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
About The Game I_vote_lcap0%About The Game I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

About The Game

Go down

About The Game Empty About The Game

Post  druf Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Final Fantasy II brought some new things that we or all used to such as chocobos and someone named Cid. Here are what the characters are like:
* Firion is the main character. The adopted friend of Maria and Leon, and childhood friend of Guy, he seeks to destroy the empire in hopes of avenging his fallen family.

* Maria is Firion and Guy's childhood friend, and the female lead. She quests in the hopes of finding her brother Leon, who disappeared after being attacked by the empire.

* Guy is a friend of Firion and Maria. He speaks in a stunted manner, and has the ability to speak to animals. However, this is a unique ability and it is only used once in the entire game.

* Leon is Maria's older brother, and the new Dark Knight of Palamecia. He went missing during the attack on Fynn, and has since grown to be the emperor's most faithful follower.

* Minwu is a White Mage and Hilda's personal adviser. He joins the party during their first adventures, and is learned in the arts of magic.

* Josef is a miner, and helps the resistance gain mythril. He joins the party for only a short time, but his small contribution matters greatly in the end.

* Gordon is the prince of Kashuan, and fled from battle after his brother, Scott, died in the battle for Fynn. He believes himself to be a coward, and to prove himself fit for the throne, he journeys with Firion and his allies to aid in the defeat of the empire.

* Leila is a pirate who attempts to rob the party, but her crew is weak and Firion, Maria, and Guy easily defeat them. She repents, and decides only to attack the Empire instead.

* Ricard Highwind is the last Dragoon of Deist. Having been stuck in Leviathan for some time, he is quite eager to return to action and stop the empire in order to avenge his fallen allies.

* Scott is a prince of Kashuan and the older brother of Gordon.

Battle System:
Final Fantasy II is unique in the Final Fantasy series for not utilizing experience gained levels. Rather than earning experience points at the end of every battle, each character participating in battle develops depending on what that character does during battle. For example, characters who use a particular type of weapon frequently will become more powerful at using a weapon of that type. The stat gain and magic is similar. When you are hit by and attack at the end of the fight your defense could rise (depending on hits and damage). The same goes with magical defense. The attack power goes the way based on your attacks, the magic follows the pattern although the spells are a little different. For example I will use fire and berserk. A fire spell starts at level one and levels up as you use it, but the higher level doesnt mean more damage, it just raises the chance of high damage which means a level 10 fire spell can hit for 10 times a level 1 fire spell if all levels hit, but also only one level could hit leaving it as weak as a level one spell. This is more prevelent for a buff like berserk because each level that hits will cause more and more damage for your character. Unfortunately there is a problem with the system, because when you select the magic or attack you can cancel it, but you will still receive the exp for using it, which can cause you to be your attack stat to maxed out on the first random battle. Not exactly fair...

Characters who often cast a particular magic spell will learn to cast stronger versions of that spell, as well as increasing their magical power rating. HP and MP, similarly, increase depending on need: a character who ends a battle with only a small amount of health remaining might earn an increase in maximum hit points, and a character who uses the majority of their magic points during a single battle might increase their maximum magic points.

Story:
Spoiler:
druf
druf
Firefly

Back to top Go down