Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

Google+ I_vote_lcap33%Google+ I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Google+ I_vote_lcap17%Google+ I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Google+ I_vote_lcap17%Google+ I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Google+ I_vote_lcap0%Google+ I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Google+ I_vote_lcap33%Google+ I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Google+ I_vote_lcap0%Google+ I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Google+

5 posters

Go down

Google+ Empty Google+

Post  CamSalisbury Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:48 am

Basically: Has anyone used this? Does anyone know any way to get in on it?

I'd I love you a facebook alternative (although, would I really?) but, as of yet, I've found no way in--sorta like gmail in the early days.

I guess the big draw is the "circles" feature. I'm not 100% on this, but I think it's like each 'circle' is its own community replete with a specific newsfeed, shared photos etc. The idea being that you can be tagged in a photo of you angrily making out with hot teen girls without your boss seeing it or something.
CamSalisbury
CamSalisbury
Beastman

Back to top Go down

Google+ Empty Re: Google+

Post  aferrar2 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 am

Ya this is basically all I've heard about it too. I know it's invite only, the google staff starts it and then the friends they have invite more I guess. I'm not sure if anyone we know would make it on. But if I make it you'll be the first to be invited. But ya it's basically just a more secure way to post drunk pictures..... Twisted Evil
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr iOXZ Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I wanna come. Razz
Mr iOXZ
Mr iOXZ
Dance Machine

https://gamershubforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Google+ Empty Hmm

Post  Matt B Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 pm

I haven't heard much about it, though I tend to think with any social networking site that it will adapt the problems of the previously most popular one, should Facebook ever crash down in fire and brimstone the way "my_____" did...

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  CamSalisbury Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Matt B wrote:I haven't heard much about it, though I tend to think with any social networking site that it will adapt the problems of the previously most popular one,

Yeah, it's a good point--I was reading an interview with some Facebook programmer type who said he would only leave for google+ if (though he didn't put this way)they incorporated more effective ways for advertisers to spam users through apps: Think farmville.
CamSalisbury
CamSalisbury
Beastman

Back to top Go down

Google+ Empty Ha

Post  Matt B Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Yeah, it would not be welcomed (from me anyway) to have another "Farmville craze" via a new social networking site (even if it wasn't literally Farmville).

This may just be my thinking on it...but, with additions like seeing other people's google searches a "circles" and stuff potentially being neat and creating a more open yet distinguishable way to learn about people...

Wouldn't that then lead to people...well, taking more steps to create a persona? Like I guarantee that over half of people, knowing their Google searches would be shown (even if the option could be turned off) would search different things or search specific things so other people can see that they are searching those things...giving them an impression, intentionally.

Naturally, it sounds like (and is) a waste of time to do that, but I think naturally people would gravitate towards being more disingenuous since it would create the illusion that they were in fact, being more genuine.

The more opportunity for people to learn things about others, the more people will fake things about themselves?

It just seems like novel ideas that could become potential headaches.

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  aferrar2 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:08 am

Matt B wrote:
Naturally, it sounds like (and is) a waste of time to do that, but I think naturally people would gravitate towards being more disingenuous since it would create the illusion that they were in fact, being more genuine.

Great point I would love it if a site existed where people could genuinely talk about their interests with friends and not worry about being judges.... oh wait GAMERS HUB HAHA. BUT really sites like this with intimate responses are so much more fulfilling then facebook where the like button is the only approval you get.
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt B Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Ha yeah I totally agree. It's just attempted transparency (like showing people for instance, all your online activity) is like an online version of living in a glass house. No one (or very few) would continue on living the same way, they'd change it completely even while pretending they "didn't care what people thought."

Google + doesn't necessarily do that but, still.

I think conversation is where people learn the most, not "getting to see what someone is searching!"

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  CamSalisbury Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 pm

I saw someone post on my friend, Vinny's, fb that he's sending him a google+ invite. If it works like gmail did, where, if you get invited, you get a certain number of your own invites to dole out, then I think i can euchre vinny into giving me one. Then I can send you guys invites if you want?

But maybe I'm jinxing it.
CamSalisbury
CamSalisbury
Beastman

Back to top Go down

Google+ Empty google+

Post  SirBoofalot Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

everyones is looking for invite online but on the google+ website they say "We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon."

if you want to know a little more about google+, huffington post has been getting frequent updates here is the latest one CLICK

i havent been able to post because im working as an accoutnant and my company is going through quarterly closing right now which means ive been working 12 hr days, which sucks balls.

Anyways i think im do for a lets make fun of tony link, while keeping with the topic of google click
SirBoofalot
SirBoofalot
Joe Schmo

Back to top Go down

Post  aferrar2 Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:15 pm

hahah Thats an amazing link I like it a lot I want to start to use that. And the google + post is great. I am super worried about google, because one of these times aren't they gonna FLOP on their face. Google wave wasn't too bad because it was done before it started. But I hope they do well.
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Post  SirBoofalot Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Mark Zuckerberg is getting nervous and snooping around google+ he made an account and he had the most followers. then he deleted it probably looking into the competition and stuff. i totally agree one of these days google is going to mess up hard. Google wave could have messed them up but they nipped that in the bud i totally agree with you.
SirBoofalot
SirBoofalot
Joe Schmo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum