Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_lcap33%The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_lcap17%The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_lcap17%The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_lcap0%The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_lcap33%The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_lcap0%The basics of starcraft 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

The basics of starcraft 2

2 posters

Go down

The basics of starcraft 2 Empty The basics of starcraft 2

Post  aferrar2 Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey everybody! I wanted to start this next level today, but for now I'm just going to get the basics out of the way of the game so it can be understood what the eff I'm talking about.

First off let me recommend this game to anyone it's a one time fee (just buying the game) and you get an amazing campaign that is filled with so much depth. And one of the most amazing online experiences. The best thing is online play is free forever!!!!

The main goal in this RTS (real time strategy) game is to destroy all of your opponents buildings before they destroy you. Now it may seem boring to wait, but 95% of games end with a GG (good game) and the player respectfully quits when he knows he or she has lost. The good thing about sc2 compared to the first is that whenever you quit the other player wins. No more ally vics, and no more backstabbing.

The basics of starcraft 2 Starcraft_2
The ladder ranking and the placement is by far the best improvement to the online game. The way it works is you can go through the practice league, that will match you up with a variety of players who are also practicing. They will have a record (ex. 220 wins and 110 losses) that will base the ease of the match. After this it's time to get placed into a league when you are ready. Each type of match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3 random (this is with random teammates you can place with other users if not), ffa etc.) has it's own placement where you play 5 matches against varying opponents already ranked in a certain league. The leagues are....

The basics of starcraft 2 3843366465_20c8bc67de
This makes it super fun and you play against people who are your ability, and at times if you keep winning you play people from higher leagues in attempt to move up. You are in your own division sometimes people are in these for two weeks or 4 years. The best thing is the slate gets wiped clean every 10 months or so, so players don't have to get stuck in a league, of course you'll stay in the league, BUT you have to start the moving up process all over again.

You can choose from 3 races in starcraft 2.

The basics of starcraft 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-ldwHk9C1ZbUQfDeGoqltk65RDtzaVTsl0PTH3kVdyCWPt5e28A&t=1

Terran Zerg and Protoss all have unique quirks about them. I will post separate threads for each race and discuss them in much greater detail.

To finish this first post I'd like ya'll to watch this amazing cut scene from the campaign mode.

aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

The basics of starcraft 2 Empty Re: The basics of starcraft 2

Post  druf Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 am

wow cool story bro
druf
druf
Firefly

Back to top Go down