Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_lcap33%Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_lcap17%Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_lcap17%Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_lcap0%Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_lcap33%Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_lcap0%Suggestions for the frugal gamer? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Suggestions for the frugal gamer?

2 posters

Go down

Suggestions for the frugal gamer? Empty Suggestions for the frugal gamer?

Post  reuniteonice Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 am

So I was pretty late to the game on this generation of consoles. I didn't get my PS3 until last Christmas. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I'm not looking to buy any of these new to the shelf $60 games but I am interested in some help navigating the games that have come out since the console's release that I might find at affordable used prices. Here's what I have so far:

Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Bioshock 1 & 2
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Demon's Souls
GTA 4
Dragon Age
Resonance of Fate
FarCry 2

I'm pretty into RPGs but picky about what ones I'll usually shell out for (I've found that more than any other genre RPGs are hit or miss) but I'm open. Any suggestions on good PS3 games that have been around for a while?
reuniteonice
reuniteonice
True Member

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the frugal gamer? Empty Re: Suggestions for the frugal gamer?

Post  aferrar2 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:42 am

Hey Jaybo love that you be here, you should post in the new member to introduce yourself.

OK anyways back to realty oopp tha goes gravity. Ok but seriously

If you want a solid game that will not let you down and be an amazing 30 hour experience, It's uncharted 2. I can only speak from everyone I know who's played it, I played it a bit, but MY GOD is it a complete package, smooth gameplay great story and voice acting, and graphics are a 10. But if you do like rpgs I can argue pretty strongly for ff13. It is a hard game to sell at first, they do hold your hand for the majority of the game, but once you beat it the game opens up into the final "Bonus enemies" Where basically anything goes. It's an amazing strategy game late, and a ok story until then. The battle mechanics are great, the character development is lacking but still better than most. It is the best next gen rpg but it's touchy and takes patience.

SO that being said you have an amazing game in uncharted 2 that will not let you down. But you do have a remarkable rpg that takes some time to get into. The other games are trash.... hahah not really I just know the most about these 2
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Post  reuniteonice Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:50 am

aw but dude what i meant was i already own those games. uncharted 2 is real awesome though and ff13 is fun though the story/characters are pretty much shit. i got bored with it a a certain point and moved one - stil have to finish it. the other's are pretty solid with the exception of resonace of fate though i gave that about aten minute try and decided to play dragon age instead. demon's souls is really fucking cool and you should play it sometime if you have the chance. it does realy cool stuff with the online play but it's hard as hell. i'm nearing the end though and it honestly feels like an accomplishment.

got anything else? anything not on my list?
reuniteonice
reuniteonice
True Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aferrar2 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:09 am

OHHHHHHHHH wow sorry well my ff13 rant is still worthy of keeping. Honestly I love playing FIFA and call of duty. So ridiculously predictable games but they are amazing non theless. If I were to say the games to get would be like a cheap little big planet or number 2. Those games are amazing and worthy.
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down