Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_lcap33%Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_lcap17%Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_lcap17%Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_lcap0%Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_lcap33%Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_lcap0%Mass Effect 3, anyone? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Mass Effect 3, anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 3, anyone? Empty Mass Effect 3, anyone?

Post  THEmagnani Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm about ME2'ed out and I'm gearing up for what should be a kick ass finale of the series. One thing I hope they take into consideration is your squad's AI difficulty. I feel like in this last installment, they didn't help much and made poor decisions when I was playing through the game on Insanity Evil or Very Mad. Their level of play should coincide with the difficulty you're playing on to ensure that you aren't constantly using all your Medi-Gel and being left alone to fend for yourself.

Another big point would be to cut down on the load time on all the load screens. ME2 felt like a third of the game was just waiting and watching the 2-3 load screens over and over again.

Regardless, I'm sure there will be some big mods to ME3 that make it the best of the series. Still lots of time to work out bugs since the release date got pushed back into March of 2012. Can't wait.
THEmagnani
THEmagnani
True Member

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3, anyone? Empty Re: Mass Effect 3, anyone?

Post  aferrar2 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Ya hopefully they take a page out of Blizzards book, where the delay leads to only the best gameplay possible. For me wanting to jump into the series, is it cool to start at 3 or will story be needed from 1 and 2?
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Post  THEmagnani Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:34 pm

I would highly recommend checking out the previous games. I started into the series at ME2 and was a little lost at the beginning because I didn't understand the relationships between the characters who already knew each other (previously from ME1).

Even if you don't play the first two, I would highly suggest reading forums about them or getting full-on game summaries to help fill you in on connections that could be gained or lost throughout gameplay. I know BioWare likes to 'gift' its returning players if you will. In ME2, you only have to beat the game once if you've played and beaten ME1 to get the 'Long Service Medal' achievement. Little things like that. I know in this new installment they're thinking of starting your Shepard at like a level 4 or 5 if you've played/beaten ME2 which is a nice little bonus. However, you won't miss out on a whole lot in terms of bonuses if you don't play the others but like I said, you should check out game summaries.

Here's a start at least on the always trusty YouTubes. The kid is kind of annoying but you get the picture and the ME2 preview at the end is pretty epic:
THEmagnani
THEmagnani
True Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CamSalisbury Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 pm

I was at this kid's apartment, a Kid I know a little. My friend, all excited, told him ME3 was coming out. The kid lost it, like crying, hitting walls, because he'd written a script for ME3 & wanted to to join the team and get it made before they came out with a new game. Subtle, sophisticated plot handling; delicately handled revelations about the genophage etc.

So, admittedly, the guy's crazy, but I think it's right to add this caveat: One man's ME3 triumph is another man's ME3 tragedy.

I'm pumped for it though. Got to finish ME2, only played halfway through with my cousin's copy before I had to move outta N. Carolina.
CamSalisbury
CamSalisbury
Beastman

Back to top Go down

Post  THEmagnani Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Hahaha, very true. Yeah, I didn't originally have ME2 either. I used my roommates' copy and beat it once, but I had to get to 'Long Service Medal' achievement since I didn't play ME1 and started playing it again. However, school ended and I was without the game so thanks to GameStop, that problem was a quick fix.
THEmagnani
THEmagnani
True Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum