Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_lcap33%Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_lcap17%Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_lcap17%Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_lcap0%Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_lcap33%Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_lcap0%Donkey Country Returns (Wii) I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Donkey Country Returns (Wii)

2 posters

Go down

Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Empty Donkey Country Returns (Wii)

Post  aferrar2 Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 am

Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns_610h

So as you can guess I'm a huge platformer fan, and donkey kong lover (why else would I review this first?!). I grew up on the likes of Kiddy, Diddy, Dixie, and of course Donkey Kong on the SNES. Never again did the next gen systems reinvent the franchise like they reinvented Mario (64, galaxy etc.) So when I saw that there was no funny business, and they were going to make a sidescroller again, I peed my pants. I played this game until the final world, and I only played for one night, BUT I can say with confidence I love everything about it.

GRAPHICS 8
The game looks so great, some levels have a shadowy art feel, and others just incorporate the background flawlessly. Because they didn't go super 3d the game doesn't suffer.

Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Donkey-kong-country-returns-sunset
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Donkey_kong_country_returns_review

Also within the game are some cutscenes to drive on the plot and the story. These also look good, but are no real match compared to next gen systems. But overall nintendo knew what they had here.

Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Dk-cr

Story 5

Of course this is a platformer so I shouldn't really go too hard on them, but they did do a ok job at making the game seem to have some sort of progression. Obviously not going to make you cry or anything (Like a certain rpg ... cough cough).
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5cEoLpCn-7thEfUJpkuapczzaoodLthBT-4rPpw97wcRSsFP-Bw

But I will say the cut scenes made me laugh and it was a perfect way to break up the platforming with just a bit of story.

Gameplay 9

This is nintendos bread and butter, and they nailed it. I played the game co-op with my friend cam, and the levels are complex enough to make you think, but not so much as to make you look it up on a guide. It also has tons of replay value as you can collect tons of items to help unlock bonus content. This is a true platformer at the next generation. It is very similar to the feeling you get when playing super mario galaxy for the first time. A "Wow they actually progressed gaming" kind of feeling.
Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Donkey%20Kong%20Country%20Returns%20-%206

Overall 9

I highly recommend it if you have a Wii, it is something you can play with your friends time and time again, and a real joy to play by yourself. Hope you enjoyed and let me know what you think.

Last edited by aferrar2 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
aferrar2
aferrar2
Licence to Kill

Back to top Go down

Donkey Country Returns (Wii) Empty Yeah.

Post  Matt B Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Nice review, with pictures included and all.

I played it for a little bit though not long enough to get too far but, it was fun.

Platforming games are good, as are in general some 2D styled games at times on newer systems because they can focus a lot more on game content and depth as opposed to fixating the capacity of the cd's on graphical measures, though games with great graphics (for their time) and depth as surely exist.

In general it's smart for Nintendo to make these sort of sequels when they put the time in to do them well. A lot of people do like and miss these style of games and have fond memories of them so it makes sense to continue them on and add new aspects to them.

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum