Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gamer's Hub
Make an account to meet some cool people and talk with them.

Tony is a dingus.
Gamer's Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll

Who is the best video game character from the list.

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_lcap33%Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_lcap17%Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_lcap17%Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_lcap0%Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_lcap33%Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_lcap0%Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip

4 posters

Go down

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip Empty Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip

Post  Matt B Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Our hacked Nintendo Wii can play emulators including Gameboy advance and of course N64 games, or even Wii games if we download then (why is Nintendo so easy to hack? Though as much as I'd like to claim a degree in tech-smarts I can't and someone hacked mine for me) which has led to getting a game I played as a child that no one I talked to at the time had heard of for the N64, titled Mischief Makers.

I remember we rented it at Hannaford (then titled Shop N' Save) since the eventual "Movie Gallery" (and eventually failure of that) then titled "Home Vision Video" didn't have it. It's odd to think that they had at the time, current-ish games to rent there, in the section by the pharmacy to be specific.

Anyways, I haven't gotten far enough into it again yet to see if my child-self opinion of the game (which was really enjoying it) was naive or on some level true or both...but, does anyone else remember

A. playing this game or at least having heard of it
B. different names of the places
C. or when even Hannaford had video games to rent?

or D. Anyone else's Wii hacked?

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip Empty Re: Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip

Post  Mr iOXZ Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:46 pm

I recently played a game on the gameboy that I played when I was 6 (I played it on an emulator) and I realized how fun (yet simple and lame) it was. It is very nostalgic. How did you hack your wii?
Mr iOXZ
Mr iOXZ
Dance Machine

https://gamershubforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CamSalisbury Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:52 am

I remember when hannaford had games to rent. I remember I rented this game for ps1 where you're some sort of caveman at the beginning of the world walking around way too big for the world (like in the world map of ff7 or ff8 except its always like that and the person to landmark size-ratio wasn't so drastic). It was a terrible game, but, still, those were the days.

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip Tail_of_the_sun_003 Sad
CamSalisbury
CamSalisbury
Beastman

Back to top Go down

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip Empty Yeah

Post  Matt B Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:15 pm

It takes an external hard drive to download games onto and using that to get a couple of different programs onto the Wii. As I think this poor explanation makes evident, I didn't do it myself. A friend helped, haha.

Yeah though, those were indeed the days. Emulators make those days less "locked in the past" though, at least.

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  reuniteonice Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:17 pm

I totally remember renting video games Shop 'n' Save. I always rented these two games (the former because it was fun as hell, the latter because I was a sucker for punishment):

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip Mega_Bomberman_-_1994_-_Sega

Hacked Wii = Nostalgia trip Echo-Dolphin-Genesis-Cover
reuniteonice
reuniteonice
True Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt B Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Nice, yeah! I like Bomberman games, but I'm not sure if I played that one. Ecco though, man I remember playing that game a ton at one point an it's pretty likely it was from renting it there as well.

Any idea if it's pronounced "echo" or not? I assume it is but, I always used to pronounce it "eco" (like eco-friendly, haha) for some reason.

Matt B
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum